Mercury Circle 23/01/2002

This was Les’s first time in the circle and Dave introduced her to Freddie, we had been singing (murdering) 'Bohemian Rhapsody' and Freddie came through to stop us!…

All... 'Hello Freddie'

Dave... 'Dreadfully sorry about that'

Freddie... 'Pitiful darlings, absolutely pitiful...'

Dave... 'Well we could also have a verse of 'It's A Beautiful Day' as well'

Freddie... 'Oh save me darlings, save me... hello dears'

Caroline... 'Hello Freddie'

Freddie... 'And a new lady'

Dave… ‘That's right, may I introduce you to Les, Freddie’

Freddie… ‘How do you do dear’

Les… ‘Freddie hello, I’m Les, it’s really nice to talk to you tonight’

Freddie… ‘And to you dear, you are very welcome to come and join us. You probably feel quite disorientated and thinking what on earth am I doing here? But so do I dear. You will soon get into the swing of it you know and you will quite enjoy yourself. You know, when the time is right we will set the fireworks alight!'

Dave… ‘Well we look forward to that Freddie’

Freddie… ‘So do I dear, I think I might stand well back, we might get someone else to do the lighting'

Dave... 'Yes I'm sure there's people who specialize in that on your side'

Freddie... 'You know we can have sparklers, you know we'll have a go won't we dears, yes, well it's becoming quite interesting isn't it'

Travis... 'Freddie have you thought of names for our freinds now?'

Freddie... 'Oh dear darling, I don't really have any interest in that any more, simply because we're doing grown up things now'

Travis... 'Understood'

Freddie... 'Well it’s quite wonderful to be with you again and working hard and doing our thing’

Dave… ‘How does the energy feel for you on your side tonight?’

Freddie… ‘Very good, considering... we will be getting old Bud (Daisy) back and I think we will be having another one or two dear, to our group, and then you know...’

Travis... 'Have you kept an eye on Bud while she's away?'

Freddie... 'Oh she'll be all right dear, she has her own friends you know, she does need some sorting out in her own way and she needs time... you know dear'

Dave… ‘Can I just go back to that Freddie, were you suggesting that the circle could still do with some more people?’

Freddie… ‘Yes dear, we think we'll probably have another one or two with you’

Dave… ‘Are these people known to you now?’

Freddie… ‘Yes dear we have them all lined up’

Dave… ‘Are they known to us?’

Freddie… ‘Yes they are dear, and you know it’s not my life’s worth to give you their names as yet, we are looking at another gentleman to begin with’

Dave... 'Okay...'

Caroline… ‘Freddie can I ask you a question?’

Freddie… ‘Of course you can…. Sweet Caroline (singing)… I’ve been practicing that one darling’

Caroline... 'Ah thank you, I miss talking to you'

Freddie.. 'I know it's good isn't it'

Caroline… ‘Did you know in advance who was going to be in this group before we all arrived here?’

Freddie… ‘Oh yes darling. We had old Jo-Jo marked down a while ago. You see what happens is, all the people who work with the people on you side, we sort of try to guide you into situations and then pluck you from that situation until we get you where we would like you to be…so there is a lot of planning and a lot of looking at you all. And also you know we have our chemists here and they are looking for the correct energies'

Dave... 'That's the most important thing isn't it'

Freddie... 'Yes dear, of course it is, it may sound rather far fetched and extravagant way of speaking but the chemistry, like on your world, the chemistry between people has to work no matter what way of life you are, you know before you can maybe relax and be at ease with a person, your chemistry mingles somehow. Well you know, we have to organize it so the people who come and sit with you and with us have the right chemistry. And you know darling as you do know it can be trial and error'

Dave... 'How many people have you got on your side with you that are looking on tonight?'

Freddie... 'We have talked about this before haven't we, there's quite a lot dear you see as you have just asked me how did we choose you, we sat in on other people being chosen and we were learning the ropes and the same applies while we work with you we have other people who join us and are on lookers, watching and learning as to how the procedure goes’

Dave… ‘What do you think are your qualities that enable you to come through and speak so well to us?

Freddie… ‘Well, I had a wonderful time on earth. I was very fortunate indeed in the lifestyle and the experiences that I had. Overall it was a happy time for me. When you achieve a goal that not too many people achieve, there are many with the same talent, but it worked for me and it saw the good side and bad side of people. I feel, I know the qualities that I am qualified to work with you are my interest in this work and also paying my dues as it were and working. They seemed to think that my voice will convince a lot of people when we get to that stage. So my quality is giving back what I received and also I always had an interest in what you are doing. I was aware there was more to life than what our senses allowed us to experience’

Dave… ‘Is strength of character important do you think as well?’

Freddie… ‘Not necessarily dear, because you see when you have been timid on your earth and lack of confidence and what your world can do to one's personality you find quite often people withdraw into their so-called shells. So whatever talent that they have been hiding will come into blossom and you see dear if you have the interest in whatever interests you, you have the best of tutors here and they bring the best out of you. So it isn’t a case of strong character that enables us to work with you, that is the answer dear'

Travis... 'Peggy Lee passed to your side a couple of days ago'

Freddie... 'Yes dear yes, lovely lady'

Travis... 'Are you looking forward to having a concert with her?'

Freddie... 'Well you know it will take time, there are many, many interesting people here... time to go dears, unless you have anything else you want to have a word with me about'

Dave... 'No it's just nice to have a chat'

Freddie... 'It is isn't it, it's rather a while, I think I'm rather showing off in front of my new friend'

Dave... 'Just one last question if I may Freddie regarding the additional sitters you would like us to bring on board, from our side of things what sort of a time scale do you want to see with that?'

Freddie... 'Well, you, when... how can I say, okay... when the pupils are ready the teachers shall come'

Dave... 'Okay, that's fair enough'

Freddie... 'You see I don't want to get my wrists slapped again... don't worry dear it's all in hand and it will be quite a jolly band'

Caroline... 'It's lovely talking to you'

Freddie... 'Oh I know dear'

Dave... 'Don't encourage him Caroline'

Caroline… ‘If I say to anybody I’d been talking to Freddie Mercury last night they’d think I’m completely bonkers!’

Freddie… ‘Well you see darling you mustn’t say that you speak with me because, exactly, they will think you are absolutely ready for the asylum’

Dave… ‘It’s inappropriate at the moment isn't it’

Freddie… ‘I can’t do a great deal to prove… I did prove who I was to one of your sitters’

Caroline… ‘Yes that was Colin’

Freddie… ‘Yes and you know it has to be sufficient for the moment, you see darlings it could back fire. Yes I was known on the earth but...'

Caroline... 'But it's not just you Freddie, I go to other seances and talk to others and I mention their names and get exactly the same reaction, whoever I mention and whatever proof I got they still think exactly the same, a lot of people so...'

Freddie... 'You see darling at the end of the day we are only human beings and we are bred equal. It's time to just be good friends dear and I think we all understand each other now and I know our new lady will be able to relax and hopefully enjoy the proceedings’

Les… ‘I know I will Freddie, it’s lovely listening to you actually’

Freddie… ‘I know darling it always has been… I do enjoy being silly’

Les… ‘I did actually see you at the Brighton Centre a long, long time ago and it was amazing’

Freddie… ‘I know… I didn’t have the crown and the union jack then I don’t think no, it was before then’

Les… ‘Very tight trousers…’

Freddie… ‘Oh darling, I’m such a fool sometimes you know’

Les… ‘It was wonderful’

Freddie… ‘Ummmmmm, I can see we’re going to get on very well!!!…’

A brief history of the Mercury Circle